double d list

double d list

Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Under Cleavage" and the "Underbelly Blues."


I was watching Sacred Cow's documentary "How weed won the West" (available at http://www.sacredcow.com). I had not seen the final cut since Fearless Phil Messerer (Director of "Underbelly Blues" go to http://www.underbellyblues.com) employed his skills as an editor. Messerer edits like Eddie Scissorhands sculpts bushes and ice. If you listen carefully, his fingers moving like lightening, you can hear the singing of metal.

Watching the interview with female wrestler with Shelly Martinez, I realize Shelly is a fighting ball of Shakti when engaged in her art. You "could plant two young trees in the holes she'd leave". Shelly suffered a back injury from her wrestling days that rendered her on pain meds. The pills she was popping, sedated her and triggered memories of childhood trauma - She switched to medicating herself with cannibis because, A. it's not addictive, B. weed doesn't shrink your mind into a shadow vice grip holding you hostage between ghosts of the past and imaginary fiends (.Speaking for myself and Shelly,that is...And then there are ghosts that no amount of drugs will kill.. my heart goes out to vets who served in Fallujah). Trae and Kevin Booth - The brains behind Sacred Cow Productions - feature Shelly walking down a spiral stair case with a cut off top exposing what I now term as "uncercleavage" - a brazen show of Shelly's ' cannons' from the underside -When I got the call. "Giffords was shot in the head. Someone went 'Baghdad' in Tucsan. Turn on the news."

"Turn on the news" hits me like someone shooting the breeze with an elephant gun. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head. A Federal Judge dead. A nine year old girl dead. All because a looney tuned killer was rejected by the army and still able to get his Fu-manchu - rian-candidate hands on a glok. Shock jock horror at it's finest. "Rally round the family with a pocket full of shells." Glen Beck's jargon spewing from their mouths like frogs and snakes coming out of the mouth of a cursed princess. Hoist the flag. Wrap ye trigger happy body in lady liberty's toga as ye shoot machine gun rounds into the sky. People wonder at the mass bird deaths - winged whistler's falling from the sky - No doubt the victims of bullet happy teabaggers rallying in the name of freedom fries armed with "magic bullets"(the very same that hit JFK)... Mel Gibson's father must be so proud..."sugarnuts". Gabrielle Giffords is a sickening loss. The Federal Judge also tragic. That nine year old girl though - dead before she even learned the names of our executive branches - enrages my sense of compassion and makes me question my decision to walk unarmed on this Earth. For all the rights and laws allowing Arizonians to carry arms - where was the vigilante sureshot - The old prospecter/farmer with his lightening quick reflexes made certain from shooting cactus on his acre lot? If Hunter S. were alive in Tucson I am certain he would take his gun to grocery shop. And if any adult can by a gun - Let's arm children too - If we all kill ourselves, chalk it up to a chapter in Darwinian lesson books. I support the right to bare arms. I do not support the right for yanky fucking doodle rallies that climax with machine gun rounds. I also do not support the journalist who continue to highlight Loughner's occasional pot smoking. Apparently he did not smoke enough. Hey - Rather than tell us he smoked pot, tell us where he got the gun. Some think he got the idea from Sarah Palin's bullseye list. Sarah listed Gabrielle Giffords as a "target" for her campaign complete with a crosshair over her state.

And here I am, staring at the six pack of Flying Dog Porter stored over my work desk. I am fasting. My head and neck injury have slowed down my intention to whip myself into shape for my potrayal as Madame X in Phil Messerer and Seamus Reed's "Underbelly Blues" - A Jewish mother dominatrix. I am inventing a whole history for her - Complete with Flamenco dancing and a passion for Carmen Miranda musical numbers. She used to bring her son Norman to the dungeon with her - he loved it when the ladies would dress him in frilly petticoats. He would sing Carmen Miranda til one day the ladies sewed his mouth shut. That was the end of his trips to the dungeon. Madame X bought him tango lessons which he was never very good at, and before her husband died, they attended every Vegas junior league poker game that Norman ever played. It was tragic, losing her husband Norman. He was a nationally recognized swordsman. How he fell on his own sword is a mystery. Madame X thinks it was murder. She has not been the same since. It is murder staring at my Flying Dog Beer Porter since I began my fast - Murder, but motivation. I would have a whole case sent to Congresswoman Giffords room if it would help her recover speedily. The underbelly of Arizona is filled blues. Clearly there is a great cry for Flying Dog Beer in Arizona - f ck their tea.

4 comments:

  1. the nine-year-old had just been appointed to student council and went with a neighbor to learn about government, now that she was part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JR. It is Shelly Martinez in "How Weed Won The West"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dok - What you just shared makes my heartache.

    ReplyDelete